Stainless Steel Stair Treads
• Installs easily in minutes
• Made completely of stainless steel
• Helps to prevent slips and falls (2nd highest accidental death, next to cars)
• Great for curves and angles
• Will not corrode or discolor
• Light reflective for those dark foot paths
• Removable and re-useable
• Barefoot friendly and Pet friendly
• Size: 2 x 24 inches - 6 pieces per box
“Get a Grips - They are the perfect solution for our beach access and trail stair cases.”
Perry Schmitt - Parks Supervisor with the City of Sechelt, BC
“Saanich Parks has installed the metal grip strips on a half dozen bridges and boardwalks in our parks. We have heard compliments from trail walkers that it has solved the problem of slippery footing in wet or frosty conditions, and our crews have had no maintenance issues with them to date.
We installed the grip strips on a boardwalk used by equestrians last year, and have not had any negative feedback on them. Overall, we are pleased with the low cost, low maintenance solution to slippery wood decks that these strips provide.”
Andrew Giles - Manager - Parks Construction and Maintenance
Information from the Tri-City News & BBC News
• Simple slips and stumbles cost the region more than $6 million a year in hospital care costs alone - plus home nursing and therapies.
• In the year 2000, 604 people were hospitalized for fractured hips for an average of 13.8 days each.
• Elderly people are most at risk of hurting themselves on stairs and more than 100,000 are treated for injuries every year. Of these, more than half end up in hospital with serious injuries.
• Stairs are the place where most deaths and serious injuries happen in the home.
• It is a tragedy that a simple fall down stairs can take the lives of over 1,000 people every year and seriously injure thousands of others.
• More falling deaths result from stairs and steps, according to the Consumer Products Safety Commission.